Fresh Strawberry Pie

>> Saturday, April 24, 2010

Strawberry Pie

1 c. Sugar
1/4 c. Strawberry Jell-o
3 T. Cornstarch
1 c. Cold Water
8 in. Pie crust, cooked
1 lb. Strawberries, stems removed*

Stir together sugar, jello and corn starch in a sauce pan
Add cold water and stir
Bring to a boil then continue to cook until mixture is thick and clear
Cool syrup completely (about 2 hours)

Coat the bottom of the pie crust with some of the filling
Arrange strawberries nicely in the crust putting ugly ones on the bottom and saving the nicest looking ones for the top
Coat all berries with the remaining filling.
Refrigerate for a couple hours before serving
Serve with whipped cream

This recipe is for an 8in pie. For a nine in. pie use 1 1/2 lbs. of Strawberries and 1 and 1/2 times the recipe. For a 10in. pie use 2lbs. of strawberries and double the recipe.

*When removing the stems from the whole strawberries I slit near the stem then pull so only a small amount of cut surface that will leak juice into the pie

1 comments:

Summer May 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Okay, so I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but just in case someone else is as dumb as me, you might want to mention that the pie crust needs to be pre-cooked. After I filled it full and checked the next step in the recipe, I realized there was no more cooking, so my crust was going to be raw. I'm such a dork! So I had to dump it all out, rubber scrapper and paper-towel blot. Luckily I'm just making it for us to eat :). Thanks for the recipe though, this was always my favorite treat that Aunt Pam would make for the Pot Luck at Great Grandma Wheelers between General Conference Sessions :).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP